Regular Price: $99.00
Special Price $49.00
Regular Price: $38.00
Special Price $29.00
Regular Price: $52.00
Special Price $35.00
Regular Price: $49.00
Special Price $44.00
Regular Price: $39.00
Special Price $32.00
Regular Price: $33.00
Special Price $27.00
- An occasion for her to wear the dress, shoes, jewels, scarf, etc. that she bought because they make her feel beautiful, elegant and awesome!
- An occasion for him to shower her in luxury, compliments, thoughtfulness, pampering, etc.
What makes it dressy? The attire!
- The little black dress is always a good choice, but don t be afraid of color. Go for red, white, silver or even a tasteful gold to stand out among the black tie crowd.
- Regardless of whether you go mini, midi or maxi, be sure to emphasize your finest assets.
- Small details make the look. The dressy date is your chance to pull out your favorite accessories costume or heirloom jewelry, scarves, hair accessories and even elegant undergarments to make a difference not only in how you look, but how you feel, carry yourself and impress your admirers!
- Try something new an up do, liquid eyeliner or a smoky eye, a perfectly sinful red lipstick take advantage of the opportunity and take the time to execute it just the way you want. Tonight is about you!
- Choose a gorgeous, small bag preferably a clutch. Remember cocktail tables are tiny, and nobody wants to see you hang a giant satchel on the back of a five-star restaurant dining chair.
Where to goon a Dressy Date:
Some may seem obvious (and expensive), but fanciness is in the eyes of the beholder. Get creative and dressed up to stage the perfect first date, special occasion or just because night out!
Dinner Out: It doesn t have to be five-star to warrant the fancy attire, but a reservation is probably necessity. Call well ahead of the date to ensure you have a table. Research the menu before your date, and pre-order any food that requires special preparation.
Theater Nothing says dressy date ; like seeing a play. If it happens to be outdoors, give your gal (or fella) a heads up so they can wear the right shoes.
Dinner Theater The best of both worlds.
Live Entertainment Orchestral or popular music, jazz, lounge, etc. Sometimes you can even find a venue that has free entry with or without a drink minimum.
Art GalleryOpenings are often free or very inexpensive, and offer wine and cheese, culture, conversation starters and lots of fabulously fancy people.
City Trip Get out of town, or go downtown. Make it feel cosmopolitan! Whether it is a loft party, rooftop lounge or urban park, it can be a dressy date location.
Hotel Bar / Lounge / Restaurant Posh hotels often have elegant and hip lounge, bar or restaurant areas that have no cover to enter. Hobnob with the rich and famous or tuck yourselves away in a romantic corner. Tip: Trendy tardiness is overrated. Arrive early and you ll likely be seated and served quickly, and be able to conduct a conversation.
Book a Room Retire to your own room or suite after the lounge. Sneak in ahead of time and prepare the perfect candlelit, rose-petaled romantic evening.
Cocktail Party (no keggers, please!) If you haven t been invited to one in too long consider throwing a dressy date night cocktail party yourself.
Stage a romantic dinner Cook, light candles, pour wine, dress up in your own dining room or backyard, a park or the rooftop at your apartment. (Reminder: give your date a heads up on outdoor locations. It is rarely possible to remain elegant when walking on grass in six-inch heels.)
Evening cruise If you live near water, you may be able to find an elegant, romantic and adventurous evening away from it all.
Hey Guys, READ THIS SECTION!
So, you made the plans and reservations, rented the tux, bought the roses and rented the limo. You knock on her door and it opens to reveal HER the lady you did all this work for. What now?
How to compliment a lady on a dressy date:
- Always mean it insincerity is transparent.
- Be specific. If you know her well, you ll know what will make her feel the best about herself and isn t that really the ultimate goal?
- While it is nice to hear how nice your nice dress is, what a girl REALLY wants to hear is how incredible she looks in it. Feel free to go into a little bit of detail Your body looks AMAZING in that dress!, Wow, you look elegant and lovely!
- Never compare her to anyone else even if you think you are being sweet and she initially thinks it is really flattering. She will end up spending the entire evening second-guessing her decisions, trying to live up to the good comparisons or live down the bad ones. Besides, she wants to know you are with her because you want to be with her.
- Be a gentleman, because after all, words can be pretty, but actions will tell her that you know she s a lady. Open doors, hold chairs, offer your coat make sure that chivalry is alive and well!
Why is a dressy date important now and again?
It feels good to dress up and gives you the opportunity to be at your absolute best. If you are in a new (or promising) relationship, it will help to define how well you always want to treat one another.
So, prepare well and have fun!